Saturday, May 26, 2012

Roasted Eggplant Moongdal Rasam - T&T Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes

With little tweaks of my own to suit to the palette of my family, I made this rasam and I tell you it was a hit. My son loved it so much as much I loved it. Thank you Priya for posting such a wonderful recipe.

Here is how I made it:




3 medium sized eggplants (roast by rubbing little oil on its skin)
1 tomato
3 garlic cloves
1 small lime sized ball of tamarind (soaked in warm water)
2 tbsp moong dal ( wash and cook in pressure cooker until 3 whistles, I cooked along with my rice in another bowl)
few curry leaves and cilantro
1 1/2 tbsp rasam powder
Salt as per taste

For tempering:
2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp each cumin sees, mustard seeds
2 red chillies
a dash of asafoetida
few curry leaves



Peel the skin off of eggplants, mash and mix into the cooked moong dal. Grind tomato and garlic together in a blender and add the puree to the above mixture. Heat oil in a pan and add the tempering ingredients when they splutter add curry leaves and asafoetida and pour the above moong dal eggplant mixture into the pan. Now add some water to thin away the mixture and add rasam powder, curry leaves, cilantro and some salt. Bring it to a boil and let it boil for 2 min. Turn off stove and serve it with hot steamed rice with nice papadams.

This is off to PJ who is hosting this month's Tried and Tasted orginally started by Zlamushka of Zlamushka's Spicy Kitchen from Priya's Easy n Tasty Recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment