Saturday, May 26, 2012

Dill Punugulu

It has been very very cold this year in hyderabad. I remember in my 20 years of hyderabad life, I never wore shawl or jacket because of cold but this year is so unusual. I can't live without it. In such chill weather who would not like to have nice hot bajjis or pakodis. I had lot of dosa batter sitting in my refrigerator. So I thought hot punugulu will be a quick snack in the cold evening. So I pulled that out add little dill (soya leaves) to it and made these crispy punugulu. Punugulu is similar to pakodi but made with dosa or idli batter. They are again andhra special.

Here is how you make them:



1 cup dosa batter (thick the better)
1 tbsp bombay rava (sooji) (if dosa batter is thin then add little more)
 2 green chillies
1" piece of ginger
1 bunch dill leaves
salt little as per taste
oil to deep fry

Take green chillies, ginger and dill leaves into a mixie jar. Add little salt and grind to a fine paste. Add this paste to dosa batter. Add bombay rava as per requirement. The batter should be like wada batter slightly thick so that you can make small balls and drop into hot oil.

Heat oil in a pan and drop small balls of batter carefully into hot oil. Fry until they turn golden brown. Take them and place them on paper towels to remove excess oil.

Serve with any chutney of your choice. They taste good even without the chutney as we green chillies and ginger to the batter.


This is my entry for Winter Warmers event being hosted at Veggie Hut.

In my next post I shall be back with the round up of my own event "Thank You Mom".

No comments:

Post a Comment