Saturday, May 26, 2012

Grill Cheese Sandwich

This is one of my favorite breakfasts. When I have too many idlis happening at home for breakfast, I take a break and make these sandwiches for myself. So easy to make and yummy in taste, ghosh I am drooling back again to have few more right now. Anyways, here is how you make them:


4 bread slices (I used multi grain bread slices)
2 cheddar cheese slices
1 small onion chopped very finely
1 small tomato chopped into small pieces
1 green chilly or red pepper flakes (I used red pepper flakes, I was too lazy to chop the green chilly)
Little oil or ghee to toast the bread

Drizzle little oil on one side of the bread slice. Place the oil side down on a hot pan and drizzle little oil on the other side of the bread slices also. Let the bread turn slightly golden brown in colour. Keep the heat on medium as it allows the bread to get crispy. Remove the bread slices onto a plate with toasted side up. On one bread slice place the onion and tomato pieces, sprinkle some red pepper flakes and place a cheese slice on top of it. Cover with the other bread with the toasted side inside and carefully place these slices back onto the hot pan. Turn the flame to slow and let it cook on very very low flame. This helps the cheese to melt and the bread to get crispy. Remove sandwich onto the serving plate and cut diagonally. Serve with some ketchup and yum...


Two such sandwiches are good enough to keep you full until lunch time. And I must say they are healthy too... if you use little oil to toast them.


This is off to 'Only' Cooking with Bread event being hosted by Pari at her beautiful blog Foodelicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment